As you will see from the window of your room, you are in a spectacular area. And it’s all there to be explored. There is a variety of walking trails in the area, for the serious hiker and the gentle stroller.
- The East Clare Way – an incredible 172km walk taking in some of the County’s most spectacular scenery.
- Lough Derg Way – 69 km (It is possible to do sections of these longer walks).
- Ballycroum Loop – 9km
- Ballycuggaran - 5.6km
- Cratloe Forest Park – 2km
- Cahermurphy Loop – 9 km
- O’Briensbridge Loop – 7km or 12km option, taking in Parteen Weir
- Raheen Wood (Featuring the 1,000 year old Oak) – various lengths.
- Tountinna & The Graves of the Leinstermen – 6km
Bicycles can be rented in Killaloe for either touring or trails. There are several cycle routes around the area. For the more adventurous cyclist, we recommend the Lough Derg Cycle Way.
There are several golf courses in the area.
- East Clare Golf Club, Bodyke, is the closest.
- Woodpark Golf Course, Mountshannon